(Photo taken and edited by yours truly, of the Salt Lake City LDS temple)

I've been back home now for almost two weeks. Since being home I've shopped a little, cleaned/packed a lot, read a couple books for fun, but most importantly, i've gone to the temple. Really through the temple, not just baptisms. Now, as the things in the temple are sacred (not secret) I won't be talking about the whole experience I had. But I do want to share a couple things i've see/learned since going to the temple.

In this life, we cannot know everything. There will be times where we feel like we don't understand why something is happening. There will be times when we do not feel adequate in what we are called to do. But we can have faith. We can have hope. Ultimately, we can have joy. Going through the temple has put this into better perspective, it's put my whole life on this earth in better perspective. I was sent with a purpose. I was not meant to idle-away my time, but instead to work hard. To do something. 

This read morning, I read this blog post and I want to quote part of it.
"Let go of the comfortable and embrace the strange and the change."
Life is meant to change, it is meant to make you a better person. 

In some way I slightly wish that I had chosen to go through the temple a little earlier (this perspective would have been nice around finals week), but in other ways I am glad I waited. Preparing for a mission isn't easy (I don't think anything in this life was designed to be easy) but with my days dwindling down, I'm grateful for the awakened perspective and strength i've received from the  covenants i've made in the temple. 

Have faith, my dear ones. Having faith in things you can't prove does not make you weak, on the contrary, Faith is powerful

With love,
Carolina

Comments