Another Countdown and Little Treasures/Tesoros pequenos

Remember that one time I wrote about how I had two weeks until I left for my mission?
Hace casi dos anos escribí de solamente tener dos mas semanas hasta que salía para la misión.

If not, totally understandable. I don't generally remember every teeny tiny detail about people. That would be creepy. If you'd like you can read up on that here.
Si te gustaría puedes leerlo aquí. (esta en ingles, lo siento)

Now that we're caught up, I have another eminent countdown in my life. I have EIGHT days until I move. Which is weird.
Ahorita en mi vida, estoy contando los días hasta que me vaya para Provo. Solamente tengo OCHO. Que raro. 

One: because I haven't lived in Provo for two years.
Dos: because how in the world did time move so quickly??
Thirdly: because I can't be grown-up enough to be moving away from home and going to school and being adult.
Uno: porque no he vivido en Provo por dos anos. 
Two: porque como es que el tiempo ha ido tan rápido??!
Tercero: porque no puede ser que soy suficientemente adulta para vivir afuera de casa y irme a la universidad y ser adulta en general!

Alas, this isn't my first time being away from home, so my third point should be invalid, but something about this move feels more adult than my past couple moves. Even more adult than my mission. 
La cosa es, que no es mi primer tiempo estando afuera de casa, así que mi tercer punto debería ser invalido, pero algo de ese mudanza me hace sentir mas adulta que los otros tiempos. Aun mas adulta que mi misión! 

Guys, I was in a different country living in totally different circumstances without adult-supervision. This move shouldn't feel more adult. But, for whatever reason, it does.
Oye, estuve viviendo en Peru, es otro pais completamente sin supervision de adultos!! Mas o menos. Esta mudanza no debería hacer que me sienta mas adulta, pero por cualquiera razón es asi. 

Anyway.

On a semi-related note. I was semi packing today. I say semi because I can't pack clothes/make-up/lotion/nail-polish/shoes/all my books/random stuff until next week, cause everyday is basically a new day and who even knows what the next day has in-store until the next day is actually today? I mean really. I've got things together, but i'm not that organized andslashor prepared. One step at a time, people.
Hablando de otra tema mas o menos relacionada con mi mudanza, hoy empece de empacarme. Todavia tengo mucho para hacer, pero siendo realista no puedo hacer todo hoy. Seria loco. Porque tengo que poner ropa y usar zapatos y mis libros en estos días. Y no soy tan organizada que tengo todo ya planificado, así que cada día es una sopresa y no se que necesitará.  

So, while I was semi packing I came across a box I had made in young women (a group in church for girls ages 12-18) in the early days of my membership, of said group. We had done an activity focused on the Temple, which you can read about LDS Temples here. As part of the activity, we wrote down goals for our education, families, homes, etc.
Regresando a mi punto, hoy mientras que estaba empacando, encontré una caja que hice durante mis días de mujeres jóvenes. Al inicio de mi tiempo con las mujeres jóvenes hicimos una actividad en que enfocamos en el templo, y si quieres o no sabes que es un templo o el propósito de un templo, puedes leer del los Templos SUD aca. Como parte de la actividad escribimos metas de nuestro futuro, de la familia, educación, hogar, etc. 

This is what I wrote about my future home "my home will have 5 bedrooms Big windows larg kitchien, nice dinning room big back yard two or more floors on the edge of the country."
Yes, my grammar/spelling was terrible. 
Esto es lo que escribí de mi futuro hogar "mi hogar tendré 5 dormitorios ventanas Grandes una cocina grande, un buen comedor un patio grande dos o mas pisos en el campo"

My future family goals were "I will have four children. two will be mine and I will adopt two, we will have the spirit and priesthood [in our home]"
I don't even remember ever wanting four kids. But, apparently I did at this point in life.
Mis metas familiares eran "Tendré cuatro hijos. dos serán míos y adoptare dos, tendremos el espíritu y el sacerdocio [en mi hogar]"

And for my education, I wrote "I will go to the University of Utah to be a pediatrician, or a children's doctor"
I'm pretty sure I was just clarifying by adding the last part, you know in case someone didn't know what a pediatrician was.
Y por mi educación escribí "iré a la universidad de Utah para ser una pedriata o sea doctor de ninos"

 Isn't it funny how we plan life and then life actually happens. I think it's safe to say that our lives rarely turn out the way we plan/want them to turn out. And as we grow our goals and values shift according to experiences we have daily. I mean I definitely an not cut out to be a pediatrician. I hate blood and pain and discomfort. I learned this little by little and my dislike of suffering has lead me to go into social work. That was never even a thought when I was growing up.
Es tan interesante que planificamos la vida tanto y después la vida realmente pasa y no es nada como pensábamos. Al crecer las metas y los valores de uno cambian, de acuerdo con las experiencias que tenemos diariamente. Porque de verdad no podría ser pedriata. Me enfermo al ver sangre y dolor. He aprendido esto poco a poco y mi mal gusto de sufrimiento me ha ayudado querer trabajar en trabajo social. Cuando estuve una nina jamas tuve ese idea, ni sabia que existía! 

All this has reaffirmed my knowledge that God exists. He knows us perfectly and knows exactly which experiences we need to become the very best version of us. Take out any experience/hardship in my life and I would not be the same Carolina.
Todo esto me ha confirmado mi conocimiento que Dios existe. El nos conoce perfectamente y sabe exactamente cuales son las experiencias que necesitamos para llegar a ser lo mejor que podamos ser. Sacar cualquier experiencia/desafio de mi vida y no seria la misma Carolina. 

Life is wonderful. And in eight days I know my life will change and I embrace it. I already know that whatever comes, it will be better than I can imagine, harder than I think possible, but all the more rewarding. Take what life gives you, you never know who you can become as you face new
challenges.
La vida es maravillosa. En ocho días se que mi vida va a cambiar y lo acepto. Ya se que lo que venga será mejor de lo que puedo imaginar, mas difícil de le que he vivido, pero por eso mas gratificante. Toma lo que la vida te da, nunca sabes que puedes ser al enfrentar nuevos desafíos.  

Con amor,
Carolina

Comments